When people come to me for help overcoming debt, they often bring piles of past-due bills. I take great pleasure in switching on the shredder and dumping the bills in. It's the symbolic first step on the road to debt relief. I'm Ben Sissman, a Memphis bankruptcy attorney with more than 30 years of experience helping people like you eliminate debt.
Are you fed up with creditor harassment? Do you want to prevent wage garnishment, repossession or foreclosure? Are you sick of losing sleep over debt that has spiraled out of control? The Constitution allows bankruptcy for people in your exact situation.
Creditors can make all the threats they want. The truth is, you can file for bankruptcy and still live a perfectly happy and comfortable life, free of embarrassment and full of hope for the future. There's a good chance you'll be able to keep your house and car — as long as you have an experienced Tennessee lawyer like me on your side.
Let me show you how I can help:
- Keep your house and car while eliminating all or most of your other types of debt
- Eliminate or reduce credit card debts
- Get rid of doctor and hospital bills
- Reduce monthly student loan payments
- Get out from under debts from gambling
- Eliminate old tax arrears
- Eliminate or reduce back-dues to your homeowner's association
- Get payday lenders off your back
- Use the bankruptcy courts to reduce or eliminate all other types of debt
I like to begin every case with a dialog. I want to learn about your situation, and I want you to know about your options. The more you know, the more you can take control of your life. This is true whether you are drowning in debt because of illness or injury and mounting medical bills, an expensive divorce or joblessness brought on by the recession. For personal service, clear explanations and honest answers, contact me.